Monday, December 28, 2009

Focus!!

'As long as it is day, we must do the work of him who sent me.'
John 9:1-11

This verse reminds me about a wonderful characteristic the Jesus owns. Single-mindedness or can be known as clear focus. It is hard to gain a clear focus on God when we have so many agendas going on around us. But Jesus manage to do that. All the time He was on earth He knew His calling and He knew His part to play in this great salvation plan the God had planned long time ago.

This is one of the quality that I admire so much about Jesus. Jesus always had in mind about His job here and even when he was tempted He manage to just pull it through and continue to uphold God. At most of the time, I just can't manage to do so. Always caught up in my own agenda and tend to just ignore God. But just have to bear in mind all the time, God is a sole provider!

Just like what happen just now, mom called and scolded me for reasons of me spending over money and decided to cut my allowance. At first, it really made me think," what the heck man, I'm really saving up so much already yet you still wanna cut my allowance around 40% of it, how am I gonna survive?!?!" But thinking of it now, God is the main provider but not my mom. Without God providing my parents how can they provide me. And at that moment I realize that I focus on money more than God. Please Forgive me oh Lord.

God is the one that we should focus on rather than other stuff. We always think that this can't happen that can't happen but with God everything is possible accordingly to His will. Whatever I have now, God is the main provider and definitely He can take it away from me also is He wants to.

'Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down on the right hand of the throne of God. Consider his who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.'
Hebrews 12:2-3

By fixing our eyes on Jesus, that we know God has everything well planned for us and we can just depend on God fully and follow His will accordingly. God is not a sadist God but He is or great God, great provider to all of us. So just focus on God, for He will not let any of His children into despair. Let not the voice of devil influence our minds to focus on the worldly stuff but we should just focus on God alone. Amen.

May our hearts and mind will always set focus on you Lord as you are the main provider but not others. And with You everything is possible as we know that You are awesome and great. And your love for us will keep us alive and not make us perish.

No comments: