Saturday, December 19, 2009

Forgiveness...

"Therefore, if you are offering your gift at the altar and there remember that your brother has something against you, leave your gift there in front of the altar. First go and be reconciled to your brother; then come and offer your gift."
Luke 5:23-24

It has been 2 years since I accepted Christ as my God, Lord and Saviour. Through out this walk I can say that I've gone through quite a lot of problem due to my disobedience. But God is graceful, for I did so many wrong thing that had made Him upset and even at this moment I'm still making fault can causing Him to be disappointed at me. Which leads to todays post about forgiveness. It's something that is easy to say but hard to be done.

Why forgiving people is important ? Ultimately it is because of God's love and grace towards us sinful men. Jesus came down to show the true way of walking our life as Christians and for our sake He was crucify on the cross and His blood had wash all our sins away making us able to connect with God again. We should know that we are so bless because although we had sinned so much but yet God's love and grace had given us salvation and we are all forgiven as long as we repent and follow Christ.

Knowing that we are all forgiven by God's grace, shouldn't we be doing the same rather than displeasing God by judging others and not forgiving them by holding on on their faults and wrong doings? Through out my walk as a Christian I can say that this is one of the part that I'm lacking of. The heart of forgiving towards others. Even though I always said it's okay no offence taken, but at most of the times I just can't seemed to really forgive the person that have wronged me. Even as time passes by my grudge still withholds at times. Mainly this problem come from my pride and ego which thank God that He is helping me overcome it at this moment. Really pray that I can overcome this weakness of mine and advance further towards God's kingdom.

Going back to the topic.Why is forgiving that hard ? It is because most of us can't even forgive ourself to begin with. We are always aware about our own faults and most of the time when we repent and we keep falling back on the same spot which cause us to feel diminish and unworthy to accept God's forgiveness. And unable to forgive ourself we are also unable to forgive other as when we see our weakness on other people. By continuing focusing on our sin and not thinking of ways to overcome it will just lead us to a more negative part of our life which we will keep on dwelling on our faults and distancing ourself for God.

"Come to me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light."
(Matthew 11:28)

For God had already teach us the right thing to do when we wronged Him. is to repent and asking God to help us in overcoming our weaknesses rather than keep saying sorry to God and dwelling on our own faults. What is the use of dwelling unto the past when we can't do anything except sulking and being emotional. The right thing we should do is to focus back on God and God will definitely help us go through this walk together.

By learning that we will eventually learn how to forgive others also. God had forgiven us so many times and yet we had failed Him most of the time, so if we are still unable to learn that from God, we are really unworthy of being forgiven by God. As a Christian we live in a big body Christ and our job is to help those which need our help. And if we do not learn how to forgive those who had wrong us in past how can we help them when we ourselves have grudge on them. We should take out the splinter in our own eyes before looking at others. This is how Jesus was when He was on earth.

God had forgive us long time before all of us are born, and we should take a repenting heart to seek forgiveness and let not Satan affect us by using our own faults and pull us down. God forgives and with a genuine heart for God definitely we can overcome our weaknesses with God's help. And if we know how good is God definitely we will try our best not to repeat the mistakes again to hurt God, and by knowing God's grace to us, we as Christians should also learn the true ways of forgiving other as how God had forgiven us at the beginning.

May we know of our God's amazing love and grace and also learn how to apply it in our daily life's as we get more closer to Him. Let not our hearts be influence by Satan's lies because Jesus already won the war long time ago. We are all already forgiven and we should learn how to forgive others.



No comments: